10/31/12

Halloween

Halloween has been such a huge part of my life, well ever since I moved to Singapore at the age of 7. Generally Halloween isn't really 'celebrated' in Finland although it has become more popular within the past few years. So to the point, the only time I'd get to dress up as a witch in Finland was during easter, until my fatherdearest hauled my ass to Singapore. I lived in the most amazing apartment blocks which we would call condos, and every child would get dressed up, we would have a "community get together" ft. photo taking and showing off our costumes, followed by trick-or-treating around the entire area. That would've been hundreds of houses. Greatest times and my siblings are doing the same in Dubai, not exactly the same as it was when I was growing up, but the basic idea is still there. Finland needs to catch up with the times!



Once I'd moved to Dubai the Halloween traditions slightly wore off. I'm almost upset, if that's even the word, that my younger siblings will not get the same amazing Halloween related memories as what I've got. Either way, the minute I left Singapore that was the end of this magnificent celebration. I mean there were a few Halloweens where I'd go out in dubayy but it would include people egging houses, glassing people/getting into fights and so forth, aka not so much fun.The only times I get dressed up fancy now will be for theme parties like the one below. 



Happy Halloween you lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment