1/28/12

Rewind

I am slightly mad at myself for not keeping up this writing for the past year.
So much has changed, most of it in a positive way. I don't know where to begin.

My initial goal was to go to university in Finland. Haaga-Helia, to be specific for hotel management, however all of that did not work in my favor and I had to go with plan B.
So here I am, living in the northern most city in Holland, studying and having a surprisingly great time.



It's the complete opposite of Dubai, the weather, the people, the culture, just everything about it. Even though, I have my moments where I just want to go back home to my family, puppies and friends, I've just gotta suck it up (: But the christmas break opened my eyes a little bit, besides my family, everything else felt like something I wouldn't enjoy anymore, I felt like an outsider even though I was with people I've been friends with for years in an environment I've previously said I felt 'safe' in. So coming back here, to have my OWN life and make decisions for myself wasn't such a big deal anymore. I'm glad I dealt with the homesickness, and slowly but surely this town is now becoming a home.


No comments:

Post a Comment